Glam Glow BrightMud Eye Treatment | Review

For the last couple of months, it seems everyone and their dog has been raving about the Glam Glow BrightMud Eye Treatment masks. Now, I'm terrible for following crowds. I put it off and convince myself I don't need the current holy grail product, but eventually I end up purchasing in a desperate bid to catch up. What can I say? We're none of us perfect.

These strange little capsules (or Chrome Cells as they prefer to be called) seem to have taken the beauty world by storm. With brand new technology, you simply pat the product on, leave for just three minutes, then wipe off. Results are supposed to be seen immediately after the first use. How could I not jump on the bandwagon?!





Can we talk about the packaging?! Holographic silver. Holo-freaking-graphic. All the yes. I just wish my camera could have done it more justice because... wow.

The instructions say to use one Chrome Cell per eye but, after reading other reviews, it became clear that one half cell would be plenty for both eyes. Perhaps this is because I only use it under my eye as opposed all around my orbital socket, but half is plenty for my needs. I simply peel the foil off only halfway, keeping the second half of the Chrome Cell preserved for the next use. (This is probably easier than I made it sound...)




First off, let me say the treatment wasn't what I was expecting when I first opened it up. The name BrightMud brought connotations of the normal grey clay-type mud masks, so imagine my shock when I opened it up to find what can only be described as a dollop of brown mucus inside! 

Anyway, I got over that, and was pleasantly surprised. Once the treatment has been activated by being tapped on, it offers a cooling, refreshing sensation that's really quite nice. Left on for only three minutes, it's quick and simple, and I just remove it with a damp cotton pad or make up wipe. 

Is it as magical as it claims? For me, kind of. My dark circles were definitely reduced after the first use, and after a second have faded to almost nothing - though I didn't have the worst of dark circles to begin with luckily. I have a strange little line/wrinkle underneath each eye and it seems to have lessened that, too, although not by much so I think that might be me imagining it. My eyes do feel lovely and refreshed after, and my undereye skin does feel much plumper and hydrated. I was beginning to get a little bit of a crepey, dehydrated thing going on under my eyes, but since using these it's very much improved too.

I must admit, I'm super impressed by these magical little three minute eye masks. 

Usually these bad boys retail for anywhere between £35 and £50, from places such as Space.NK and Sephora, so I have to be brutally honest that I won't be repurchasing them. At least, not at full price. Admittedly, I only tried these because I came across them in my local TK Maxx for £15, and if I saw them again I'd grab another pack. I just can't justify the regular price tag. They're good, but a little out of my normal price range.

Overall, though, I'd definitely recommend them to anyone who was curious, especially if your eyes are showing the first signs of ageing like mine. I can definitely see why these are a cult product. Good job, Glam Glow!

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment