LA Splash Lip Couture Liquid Lipsticks | Review & Swatches

I'm a massive liquid to matte lipstick fan. In fact, 90% of the lipstick I wear is usually liquid lipstick. I love the wear and longevity on them, and the matte finish is my favourite for a lip product. Recently, after hearing so much about them, I decided to order some of the LA Splash Lip Couture liquid lipsticks to try, and I wasn't disappointed!






I picked up both OG Ghoulish and Ghoulish (I couldn't choose between them) and Latte Confession. 

The packaging is a little hit and miss for me. It's a standard liquid lipstick tube. The font use definitely make them look high quality... but then the overly shiny yellow-gold lid? Slightly tacky in my opinion. That said, it doesn't affect the product so I'm really not all that bothered by it.





The applicator is quite strange and unique. It's more of a paddle style than doe-foot, which again is hit and miss. For filling in the bottom lip, it's brilliant, but for the more intricate cupids bow, it's a little awkward. However, I imagine that's something you get used to working with. The applicator holds a good amount of product, even with the excess wiped off, and one "dip" is plenty for your lips. 

The pigmentation of these bad boys is absolutely ridiculous. We're talking opaque in one swipe! These are definitely a one-coat lipstick. Heavenly. Drying time is around a minute, perhaps a little less, and when the lipstick dries down it really is a matte finish - almost bordering on ultra matte - but I personally don't find them excessively drying on the lips.

As for staying power? These things don't budge! Even after eating a full meal, Ghoulish was still firmly on my lips except for a little wear in the middle. No crumbling, no flaking, it just slightly faded without a fuss. I was able, though, to pop another coat on over the top with no issue after eating. Something oily is definite must to remove these lipsticks, and even then they don't part with your face easily! Something to be mindful of during application because once these are on, they're staying exactly where they are until some serious removal work is put in.

Onto the swatches!

OG Ghoulish

Ghoulish

Latte Confession
 I really love these! I definitely want more of the range, and I'd go so far as to say that I can already tell they're going to be my favourite, most reached for out of all my liquid to matte lipsticks. LA Splash has nailed these beauties! 

LA Splash Lip Couture lipsticks can be purchased in the UK from Love Makeup and Cocktail Cosmetics.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment