Spotlight | Wilko Sweet Vanilla and Honey Collection

So, I've decided to try and give a spotlight post a go, basically focusing on one brand or collection and dedicating a whole post to it. How regularly I do this type of post, I don't know, but it's just something else my blog can hopefully offer my readers. 

Now, I'm well aware that this post is aimed towards British readers, since Wilko (formerly Wilkinsons until recently) is a British store, who don't ship internationally, but hopefully it's still helpful to some people! 




If, like me, you love honey scented products, then this range is heaven in a tube/bottle/tin! Even though I don't own any of LUSH's It's Raining Men, I've sniffed it, and I can honestly say it's pretty close. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a dupe, but it's definitely a budget friendly alternative. I've used Wilko's Sweet Vanilla and Honey stuff for about two years now, and I am completely in love with it. I got a tonne of it given to me for Christmas since everyone knows it's one of my favourites!

Despite the vanilla being listed first in the name, honey is the predominant scent, with the vanilla giving a sickly sweet hint. 

The shower smoothie is probably my most used product from the range - I use it every time I shower. It has tiny beads of walnut shell suspended in the creamy formula, providing gentle exfoliation, and the smell stays with me most of the day which is awesome. The foam bath is my least favourite from the range. It bubbles up nicely in the bath, but I just wish the scent stuck around longer to keep me company whilst I soak. 

I have a bottle of this handwash at every sink in my house! I'm addicted! It lathers up really nice, and it actually almost looks like I'm rubbing set honey into my hands. The smell stays on my hands for quite some time after using it. Plus, I can use it multiple times a day, and it doesn't leave my hands feeling dry or abused, or crying out for moisturizer which I've found some handwash can do. 

The lip balm is the newest addition to the range, and it's one of those products you immediately fall in love with. It smells amazing, of course, and it definitely leaves my lips feeling pampered. It's not excessively quick to be absorbed, even on super dry lips, but the smell makes that a very bearable fact. The only downside is that it just smells so delicious that I find myself putting it on all the time, so I'm getting through it pretty fast!

One of the major reasons I love this collection, though, is the price. All the products are just £1 each, and a lot of the time, they're on offer at 2 for £1.50, making it very affordable for any budget. Admittedly, the packaging does seem a little cheap, but it's something easily overlooked once you have a good sniff. If you like honey bath products, then I really do recommend giving it a try. It's a little sickly, yes, but absolutely delicious and well worth the money! 

The Wilko Sweet Vanilla and Honey range can be purchased in store, or online at wilko.com


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment