Learning To Be Bolder | My Most Used Lipsticks


Recently, my most often purchased makeup item has got to be lipstick. I have so, so many, and wear them all. That's gotta be a good thing, right? At least they're not just lingering, unused. Up until recently, I was all about nudes/light lips, and all I owned was Barry M Lip Paint 101

I used to stare longingly at women with bold, statement, colorful lips, and long for the courage to wear something so daring myself. Then, one afternoon last year, I realized the only person stopping me from wearing something brighter was myself, so the next time I was in Superdrug, I picked up three vibrant - by contrast - shades. It was strange at first, seeing the new lipsticks on my face, and I convinced myself they didn't suit me. They were left in the bottom of my makeup bag, until my husband asked why I didn't wear them anymore, because he liked them on me, and I realized I was just being hypercritical of myself (something of which I'm very guilty). 

Since then, my lipstick collection has flourished, and I'm starting to be bolder and braver, and I'm loving it!


So, here are my lipsticks. Ugh, I just love them so bloody much! I'd sleep cuddling them if that wouldn't be slightly strange...

Pictured above is MAC Rebel, MAC Nicki Minaj Viva Glam 2, an unbranded lipstick, shade name Sherbet that I recieved as a gift, Barry M Lip Paint 153, Rimmel Moisture Renew Coral Queen, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss 110, Barry M Lip Paints in 100 and 101, and Maybelline Moisture Extreme Passion Red


My newest, most daring (for me) additions is the MUA Luxe Velvet lip lacquers, pictured above (L-R: Atomic, Criminal, Funk, Reckless, and Kooky). A few months ago, I never would have dreamed about purchasing one of these, let alone the whole collection! Now I find myself wearing these bad boys a lot more than I ever thought I would. 

These are my favourites from my lipstick collection, although admittedly it's pretty much my whole collection. It's easy to see which are used more than the others, and I have to admit I do still reach for my original Barry M 101 a lot more than I probably should, but I'm getting there, and every time I slick something bolder onto my lips, I start to love the idea a little bit more - and my husband is happy too, so it's win-win!

Do you have a favourite lipstick? Do you prefer bold lips, or pale/nude lips? What's your lip style?


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment