Gotta Love Cosmetics Shopping! | My NYX Mini Haul

I've seen so many NYX products floating around; being reviewed on blogs, being used in makeup tutorials on YouTube. Hailed as an awesome brand, with pocket-friendly prices, and quality to rival MAC on occasion, I lusted after NYX with a vengeance. For whatever reason, I never thought to check whether they retailed in the UK. Since they're an L.A. based brand, I just sort of assumed they'd be US-exclusive or like gold dust to get hold of, along with hefty shipping fees, like a few other brands. Much to my delight, though, they do retail in the UK, and I finally got hold of a few items to try out! Mega excited!

First off, I have to say, the shipping time was surprisingly good. I placed my order late on Friday night (14th), and it was delivered this afternoon (18th), which I'm impressed with considering how late the order was placed and with it being a weekend. It came extremely well packaged, with loads of bubble wrap, so everything reached me in one piece, which is - lets face it - always a bonus!



 




I was most excited for the Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer jars, which I ordered in CJ10 Yellow and CJ12 Green. Weird colour choices for concealers, I know, but I've been searching for some good colour corrector for I don't even know how long. I was going to order a palette from ELF, but it's been sold out for ages and it doesn't look like they're going to restock any time soon. The NYX concealer jars were admittedly more expensive, but they look so cute, and feel so creamy. I can't wait to test them out. My only negative is that one of the jars must be newer stock than the other, since the lids don't match. It's such a silly, nit-picky thing but it really bugs me.

Secondly, I ordered the Jumbo Eye Pencil in that infamous shade, Milk. Hailed by most beauty enthusiasts as a must-have, and a holy grail, obviously I wanted a piece of the action. I just hope I'm as bowled over by it as everyone else, but I've been needing to replace my white eyeliner anyway, so if all else fails, it's fiiiine! I made sure to nab the dual sharpener too, so I can sharpen it! Ialso grabbed a retractable eye pencil in Brown, too, since I needed a new pencil for my brows, and I definitely love the retractable kind. No pesky sharpening! 

The eyeshadow, in Ballerina Dream, was a bit of an impulse purchase, chuck it in for the sake of it kind of thing, simply to put me over the free shipping threshold. It's not a shade I'd usually use, but I'm thinking of trying it out on my crease since it actually blends to a nice natural pinky tone with only a hint of shimmer. Who knows? It could become a favourite!

Lastly, I don't have a decent concealer brush, so I made sure to get one to get the most out of my concealer jars. It claims to be a damn good brush, so we'll see. I'll probably do reviews and/or swatches on the concealer jars seperately in the future, but for now I just really wanted to share my tiny NYX haul with you guys!

Do you like NYX products? What's your favourite?


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment