The Perfect Nude | Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick 113

I've got to say, as much as I love my brighter lipsticks, I'll always be a sucker for nude lips. Teamed with a bold eye look, or to go for a more natural effect, I just adore the understated look that a nude lip provides... Alas, though, like so many others out there, I've struggled to find a nude lipstick that just feels right. Either they're too pink-toned, or too shimmery, or to sheer, or too dark, or too light, or just not quite nude for me. It's been quite a depressing journey, truth be told, and I'd all but given up.

Lately, though, I've been watching a lot more YouTube videos, and I came across Rimmel's Nude Delight quite a lot, and decided to invest, so while we were in Chester on Sunday, I popped into Boots and went to pick it up. I swatched the tester on my hand and was mildly impressed by it. Then, on the row below it, the Kate Matte Lipstick 113 caught my eye. The shade sticker on the bottom looked very similar to Nude Delight, and it was £1 cheaper, so I swatched that on my hand too. The difference was minor, but 113 just looked... right. I can't explain it. If anyone else has managed to track down their perfect nude lipstick shade then you'll know exactly what I mean - when you see it, you just know. In my basket it went, and I'm completely in love with it!







It comes in the standard matte red bullet, as is the trademark for the Kate Moss matte shades from Rimmel, and I have to say I'm a fan of the simple yet pretty design. The lipstick itself is listed as a beige shade, but it has just the right amount of pink undertones to make it a fleshy nude shade. It looks darker in the bullet than on the lips, since it's quite sheer, but gives a nice amount of opacity to not completely cover my lips, but rather works with them to just create the most gorgeous nude shade. And best of all, it doesn't wash me out! I'd have taken a swatch picture, but I just can't seem to nail taking a decent photograph of my lips. Hopefully in the future I'll update with one. 

But, yes. If, like me, you're pale, with yellow undertones, and are struggling to find the right lipstick, then looking this baby up might just be worth a try. The Kate Matte lipsticks retail at £5.49 from Boots and Superdrug. 


Have you found your perfect nude lipstick? Are you a fan, or do you not like nude lips?


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment