Any Excuse For Some Pampering! | Superdrug Mud Masks


I have to admit, I'm not normally one for face masks. Well, except on the odd drunken girly night with my best friend, many moons ago before we had our little ones... But as a legitimate part of my beauty routine? No. I don't know why - I suppose they seemed like too much mess and effort. Then, I started reading up on the positives of face masks for oily skin - and my skin has enough oil to keep a fast food restaurant going for a month - and when I not-long-after noticed Superdrug had rebranded their own line of face masks, I chucked them in my basket. They were worth a try.






I grabbed three out of the four masks currently in the range: the Purifying Witch Hazel mud mask (for oily and blemish prone skin), the Detoxifying Dead Sea mud mask (for normal to oily skin), and the Exfoliating Superberry mud mask (for all skin types). I guess you could say I'm hedging my bets as to which one works best!

Up til now, I've only used the Detoxifying Dead Sea mask, but I have to say I'm impressed. The mask is supposed to be left on for 10-15 minutes. After a few minutes it dries on the skin, and it does feel a little like I've had botox, because I can't really move my face, but it's not really a negative. That's part of the reason I like these so much - they just feel like they work - if that makes sense? When it first goes on, it feels a little tingle-y, which is an odd sensation, but I have quite sensitive skin when it comes to wash products, so it could just be me. It's not a harsh feeling, though, and it goes within a minute. The mask can be a little tricky to wash off, so using a flannel or washcloth is recommended because it makes the job a lot easier, and after it's washed off and my face is dry, my skin feels a million times better! All my oil is completely gone. It's literally vanished! It, of course, comes back eventually through the day/night, but for a good few hours after using the mask, I actually have normal skin!

This result with the mask for normal to oily skin has left me quite excited to use the Witch Hazel mask which is specifically for oily skin, since I'm guessing the results may be slightly better. I have yet to use it - though - because the Witch Hazel smell is quite pungent. It isn't a nasty smell, but it's not a scent I'm particularly a fan off. As for the Dead Sea and Superberry masks, they smell fresh and really nice, especially the Superberry because it smells like a delicious fruity smoothie.



In terms of the amount of product you get, I'm very impressed, especially for the price. Each tub contains 75ml of mud mask, and admittedly I thought it wouldn't last all that long, purely because I wasn't used to using mud masks and didn't know how much to apply. Now, though, I can honestly say a little goes a long way with these babies. I've used the Dead Sea mud mask three times since I bought it, and it still feels just as full as it did when I got it home, so I can see these masks lasting absolutely ages for me.




The formula is thick but still fluid and applies really easily and smoothly, allowing for good coverage, and each mask looks different to the others. The Witch Hazel mask is white in colour and smooth. The Dead Sea mask is a creamy grey-green, and again smooth. The Superberry mask is an off-white, almost bordering on pink, with little pink exfoliating beads in it. 

These masks are from Superdrug, and retail at £2.59 each, so they're definitely worth giving them a try. Purse-friendly, and they do what they say? A total winner in my opinion!

Do you use face masks as part of your routine? What's your favourite go-to face mask?

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment