Monthly Favourites | January.



Soap And Glory 'The Breakfast Scrub' Oat, Shea Butter & Sugar Body Smoother
Admittedly, before I actually started using this, I wasn't convinced by exfoliating products... but OMG, I'm in love with this stuff now! I'm impressed with how a little goes a long way, and I love the way it leaves my skin baby soft and feeling pampered. I've been slathering this on myself all month, and I can honestly say my skin is at it's smoothest for years! It's not very often I repurchase anything, since I like trying new products, but I'm already planning to replace this when I run out, so that in itself speaks volumes.


.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid in 'NW10'
Back in November, my husband treated me to my first MAC foundation, since I was super excited to try out the shade every pale person was clamouring for - NW10. Then, it got put on my dresser and left there. I was too afraid to use it, since it was so expensive, and if I used it, I'd run out eventually, and I didn't want that to happen. Thankfully, I got over that, and boy am I glad I did. As someone who's always found most 'Ivory' and 'Porcelain' shades still too dark and orange for her skintone, this is an absolute wonder! It's a perfect match for me, and I'm in absolute love with it.



Maybelline Great Last Mascara
I've tried other mascaras. Really I have. I have an insane amount of half-used ones cluttering up my make up bag, but this month I gave up and came back to my old faithful. My only niggle is that I wish the brush was a little bigger, but the small brush does make it easier to apply it on lower lashes, or focus on a single lash that needs more product on, so I can't moan too much. It doesn't lengthen, it doesn't thicken them, it doesn't make grand promises - it's just an awesome everyday mascara.


 .

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in '620 Coral Queen'
I'm well aware that vivid lipsticks, coral shades in particular, are more of a summer shade, but with the abundance of cold, rainy, wet, horrible days we've been having, I like to think a little pop of colour is just whats needed to brighten my day.


 .

MAC Satin Lipstick in 'Rebel'
This is my other go-to shade at the moment, and possibly my favourite lipstick of all time. Again, a present from my husband, it's the perfect deep yet still vibrant shade for cold winter day. Well, who doesn't look a dramatic lip look? Especially when the colour stays for hours. Despite it being a satin shade, I can't say I've found it dries my lips out at all either. I'm going to be so sad when winter days are gone and I've got no excuse to wear this... although, I'm sure I'll find one anyway.


 .

MUA Blusher in 'Lolly'
'Lolly' is one of those blushers that I can see not only becoming a firm favourite of mine, but a permanent fixture in my makeup bag, year round. It's that lovely shade somewhere between pink and peach, with just enough of each shade to make it almost neutral. It's highly pigmented, so a light hand is needed, and lots of blending, but it's such a wonderful natural colour as a result that I hardly mind at all.



Christina Aguilera 'By Night' 
I'm not a perfume snob, and I don't have many. This has been sitting at the back of my dresser for months upon months, and I don't really know what made me pick it up again, but I'm so glad I did. I used to love it (this must be my third or fourth bottle) but I just stopped using it one day. Now, it's my favourite again, and I'm wearing it every day. Oh, how I lived without it I'll never know.

Yankee Candle 'Beach Flowers'
This past few weeks, I can't get enough of this candle! As much as I love Christmas, it makes a nice change from the heavy, spicy smells associated with the festive season, and this yummy floral scent is just wonderful. It makes our bedroom smell fresh and clean, and reminds me that Spring is - supposedly - on it's way.

What have your favourite products been for January? 


Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment