Naked 2 Alternative? | W7 In The Buff Natural Nudes Palette.

I'm probably one of the last in the blogging world to post about this, but I simply couldn't resist... 

Everyone and anyone who's at least semi-serious (obsessed) about make up loves, lusts after, or owns at least one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes. A staple of many make up bags, they constantly receive rave reviews, and countless wonderful looks can be created from each of the three palettes. However, with a price tag of £37, they're not quite to everyone's budget, including mine - I think my husband would have a pink fit if I spent almost forty pounds on eyeshadow. Fear not, though, dear reader! There is a more purse-friendly alternative available, in the form of the W7 In The Buff Natural Nudes palette. 

Naturally, I wanted in on this wonderous dupe, and I found it on Amazon for £5.45, with free postage and packaging. The price does fluctuate, and depending where you get it from it may be slightly cheaper, since I've seen people saying they've scooped it up for around £4 before now. Still, coming in at virtually one-seventh of the price of one of the UD Naked palettes, I was extremely happy with my purchase!


.
.


The packaging is extremely similar to that of the UD Naked 2 palette, which I've seen it being compared to most commonly. As I said, the UDN2 palette is out of my price range currently, so I can't make that comparison personally, although I have to say I like it. The tin is sturdy, and it doesn't look as cheap and cheerful as it actually is, which is always a nice bonus. The eyeshadow names are listed on the back.


 .
 .


Even the layout inside is clearly modelled on the Naked palettes, but who cares? It also comes with a double ended applicator - a sponge eyeshadow applicator one end, and a small eyeshadow brush the other - which subsequently makes a nice change from the too-small-to-comfortably-use sponge applicators usually found in the less-expensive eyeshadows. 

Buff, Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate, Topaz
 .
Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder, Onyx

The palette contains 12 eyeshadows, consisting of 3 mattes, and 9 shimmer shadows in aptly named shades, offering a wide variety of looks from completely nude to daring yet neutral. 

Admittedly, I haven't swatched the palette yet... I was far too excited, and I just had to post about it, but swatches of this, and comparisons to UDN2 are easily accesible courtesy of our good friend Google, and other talented beauty bloggers. Quite simply though, I'm impressed. For the price, this not only makes a great alternative to the higher end palettes, but also provides an inexpensive starter palette, since everyone needs a nice neutral palette in their collection. 

What do you think? Does the W7 palette curb your lust for the UD Naked 2 palette, or would you rather put the extra money out for the real deal? Have you compared the two? Let me know!



Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment